Happy New Year to you all!
Every January the talk turns to new years resolutions. We plan the ways we’d like to improve ourselves and our lives. So in 2019 will you
- Get fit?
- Loose weight?
- Cut down on alcohol?
- Take up a new hobby?
- All of the above 🙂
While making big changes like this it’s also a great time to incorporate small new habits and the most simple of all is making time to take care of your teeth.
If your oral health hasn’t been at the top of your to-do list previously, now’s the time to make that change! And you’ll be surprised how this tiny difference to your routine can make a massive improvement to your overall health and well being!
Here are our top tips to get your new year off to a great start…
- If you’re not a regular tooth-brusher start with brushing twice each day this January for only three minutes. What could be more simple?
- If you never floss or use interdentals treat yourself to a pack this January and brush between your teeth just once per day-your gums and teeth will thank you for it!
- If you haven’t seen a dentist in over 12 months book an appointment for January. Regular check-ups are vital for spotting problems before pain begins. It’s worth baring in mind that virtually all of the emergency patients we see are not regular attenders.
- If giving up smoking is your resolution this year make sure you visit our dental hygienist who will give you helpful tips to stay off the cigarettes and help to begin the process of reversing the damage smoking will have caused to your teeth and gums.
- If the appearance of your teeth has always bothered you make improving your smile top of you list this year! You’ll be amazed at the ways we can help change the appearance of your teeth, many of which are very simple and often are relatively inexpensive!
We attended the Sensodyne Sensitive Dentist Awards in the RDS Dublin earlier this month and although we didn’t win this time we’d like to thank all of our patients who nominated us for the award! We were nominated for both the Sensitive Dentist and Sensitive Dental Team awards which is wonderful and we enjoyed a wonderful night in the RDS.