Until such time as we are advised that the risk from Covid 19 has reduced or passed, for the safety of both our patients and our staff we have made some significant changes to the way we are delivering our services
- Please try to arrive for your appointment at the appointed time
- When you arrive, please remain in your car and call us at the main surgery number, 041 9846333. If we are ready to see you directly, you will be advised to come straight in, otherwise please remain in your car until we call you.
- Please come on your own. Please do not bring your children or partner with you. Our premises are small, and we will have difficulty enforcing the 2m social distancing rule.
- Please do not bring luggage with you e.g. shopping bags or buggies. Walking and mobility aids are of course welcome
- When you arrive in surgery you will notice some changes to our procedures. You will be asked to use alcohol rub on your hands when you arrive. You will then have your temperature read at reception and noted in your record. You will also be asked to use a mouth wash in the surgery.
- You will go straight into the surgery from reception where our team will look a little different with full disposable gowns, face masks, goggles and face shields. Most items are disposable and discarded after each patient appointment.
- Appointments will be extended by 50% in terms of time to allow for a thorough disinfection of the surgery after each patient. We have also installed a decontamination room for the cleaning of instruments and have employed more staff to assist with this.
- In order to cover the cost of PPE ,the extended time taken to safely deliver emergency treatment during this Covid 19 pandemic and additional staff costs we have no choice but to charge a minimum fee of €185 per appointment, though we are not charging additionally for any treatment delivered (unless lab costs are incurred which will be charged additionally). No discount will be applied should treatment not be delivered as we are not charging for the treatment at this time. This fee applies to all patients regardless (of insurance or medical card).
- We are asking for a minimum 50% deposit on booking and the balance by card as you enter the surgery at the time of your visit. You may pay in full at the time of booking your appointment if you wish.
- Due to the reduced availability of appointments and the greatly increased cost of providing our service we have had to implement a very strict cancellation policy whereby we must have 48 hours (Working days only) notice of your intention to cancel otherwise you will forfeit your deposit.
- Telephone consultations are available by appointment and are chargeable at €30.
- We will continue to review these changes as updates are made available by the relevant authorities.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation at this time.
Angela and the team at 41 Fair Street, Drogheda.